The Cinnamon Stick Affair

Day 1:
This morning, I stopped by my favorite McDonald’s  for the usual… a medium iced vanilla coffee and six cinnamon sticks. 




Cinnamon sticks are a scrumptious breakfast treat. They are a perfect complement to a tasty cup of coffee in the morning.  They are light, airy, not filling, but very tasty. 


Yes, I realize not everyone is a fan of the McDonald’s cinnamon stick.  There are cinnamon stick haters lurking about in our midst. They believe the cinnamon stick is too light, to airy, too expensive for its nonexistent nutritional value. All I can do for these missed guided individuals is to pray for them, “Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.  Their tastebuds are clearly not as refined as mine..“

So, as I was saying, I ordered and received my iced coffee and cinnamon sticks.  Then I drove to my favorite place to park and eat - Georgia 400.  I’m joined there every morning by thousands of commuters in their cars who also park on this six lane highway, on their way to work.

When I got on Georgia 400, I reached into my bag for a delicious, tasty, airy cinnamon stick. But wait. Something was different. I knew it right away. This was not my beloved McDonald’s cinnamon stick - this was an imposter, a pretender, a cinnamon stick wanna be! 

There was no cinnamon sugar all over my fingers when I pulled out the cinnamon stick. This was a cinnamon stick - without the cinnamon. also known as a… STICK!

I didn’t order a stick. I don’t want to have a stick for breakfast. The truth is if you’re going to forget the stick or the cinnamon… Forget the stick! 

I want the cinnamon! I need the cinnamon! CINNAMON!!!! ....this is going to be a bad day…

Day 2
Today is starting out much better than yesterday.  My cinnamon sticks are smothered in cinnamon!

Now I can eat my light, airy, tasty cinnamon sticks and drink my cool, refreshing iced coffee!  Mmmm.  

I’m off to my Georgia 400 parking lot - ready to attack the day!  The stars are aligned.  There is a balance in the force.  Life is good!


Straw?  Where is my straw? Where is my straw?  WHERE IS MY STRAAAAAAAAW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Supreme Court For Dummies